Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I do my nails at home to make it look like I got a manicure?

I love painting my nails.. but I always seem to get at least a few of those air bubbles in my nail polish. I try to wait until my nails are dry, but I always manage to get at least a few bubbles. How long should I be waiting in between coats for my nails dry? Also, are there any other tips on how to get that perfect manicured look? I hate paying for my nails to be done, because I have gotten them to look really great before and gotten many compliments. I'm just looking for any tips on how to ensure they always look that way. Thanks.How can I do my nails at home to make it look like I got a manicure?
okay first:





wipe off your nails with nail polish remover eben if you have none on it gets rid of oils and the nail polish will stick better





apply a THIN coat of clear nail polish to your nail as a base.





take the color of your choice and apply one THIN layer of it to each nail


(thin layers are key in bubble free nail polish)





wait 5 min and apply another thin coat. and then repeat a third time always using thin coats.





i always go three times because it seems to hold up better.





wait another 5 min and then take your clear coat and apply it over top of your nail color to finish.





the best way to dry your nails is in ice water as cold as you can stand and leave them in there for 5-10min theyll be shiny and chip free.





**try using essie nail polish it can be pricy but its worth it its really high quality.





hope this helps!How can I do my nails at home to make it look like I got a manicure?
For one you should get a really good brand of nail polish if you are painting your nails at home, like O.P.I. Then it would be best to have someone else do your nails for you. It becomes way better and you do not have to do anything, just watch and learn! Maybe make a deal with someone, like if you paint my nails then I will Paint your. Also you should try and get the clear nail strengthening nail polish to put on the top of the color, it works! Good luck!
well always make sure all polished is removed before applying new,


don't just keep applying the same color for weeks at a time unless its clear nailpolish touch ups which blend.


then soak your fingers in a solution of water and olive oil at a warm, comfortable temperature. this will help soften up your cuticles to push them back or remove, i find that this can work better than removal cream.


then after cuticles are set hands are re-washed and dried,


you can begin your nail cutting and trimming.


try not to over cut, because remember that when you file them they will go down in size also. so probably do about 1/2 the trim on your nails that you want if you are going to file.


then you can file them into the natural shape that they form whether its longer than the finger or not.


I don't even do french manicures, because they are hard to make look really really good that aren't professionally done.


if you just keep your fingers clean and your nails underneath so that they are the proper pinks, browns, beige colors and the tips white then it should look fine.


paint it 2 coats of clear and it will look professional!

No comments:

Post a Comment