Sunday, February 7, 2010

Home made french manicure?

how can i make the white line of the french manicure straight when I do it myself?Home made french manicure?
Paint the naturally white tip of the nail with an opaque white or beige polish. In traditional French manicures, this white strip is straight across the nail, however, if you let the polish curve with your natural nail, your nails will appear longer.





Peel off a guide strip and affix it below the tip of a nail, following its natural curve. The guide will allow you to paint an even white tip with ease and precision.





Decide where to place the guide strips based on the length of your nails. In general, the longer the nail, the longer the white tip should be. Make sure that the arch of the guide is smooth and rounded and that the tip lengths are all relatively consistent.





Paint each nail tip white, extending the brush stroke from the top of the guide to the end of the nail. Take care not to get any white polish on the body of the nail below the guide. Let the tips dry.





Remove all the guides. Dissolve leftover adhesive by rubbing it gently with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.





Apply two coats of the neutral polish, letting the first coat dry before the second application. Finish with a thin layer of base/top coat.Home made french manicure?
GO %26amp; GET a kit from walgreens or your local drug store. it comes with a sticker that you aply to your nails and put the polish above that and if aplyied rigth there will be a straight line.
They have nail tips that are curved to fit your nails. nail guides is what they are called. they sell them at walmart or cvs.
scotch tape
It just takes lots of practice. I used to use a white paint marker you can get in arts/crafts stores or also at Wal-Mart. You can use this to paint on the the white and not even use white nail polish.
as far as i know lots of stores sell french manicure kits with a little 'separator' that separates the coloured bit of your nail with the white bit. have you tried looking? i know it's not very helpful but i've seen lots of my friends get them!


good luck though.
Sticky notes!! cut them into the shapes of your nails, leaving a little room at the tips for the white polish


It works for me every time and people have actually come to me for help with their nails ^_^


It makes me a good quick $20
there is a curved nail polish brush available in stores - sorry i dont exactly know what its called.... maybe that could be a nice idea 4 u 2 get one or if u dont then all I have to say is .... Practice Practice %26amp; Practice u will get it ultimately...
Practice, practice, practice, practice. And longer nails are waaay easier than short nails. Practice is my best advice after years of research. And length.
When I had my nails done last, the gal took a fairly firm, straight-cut edge paintbrush, dipped it in polish remover, and took the excess white off from the bottom. I don't know if a lot of manicurists do this, but I thought it was a clever idea. I went home and tried it myself, the next time I needed my nails done. It worked! Good luck in trying it.





I ideas of sticky notes, or edgers seeem to let the white polish seep through too easily.
use an old business card, cut to the shape you want and paint

No comments:

Post a Comment