Friday, February 5, 2010

At Home French Manicure Using Acrylics?

I have nice nails ;) and I only get manicures twice a year. I do my nails weekly using OPI polish. I recently got my first acrylic manicure (on my real nails) by accident. The lady misunderstood me and did it. I wasn't charged for it, but I love it! I had to get used to the feel of them and the thickness, but now I want them all of the time!





Is there any way for me to do this at home? The nail salons are always busy and I have a hectic work schedule. I checked out some sites, but I couldn't find anything. This used a little jar of powder and dipped the brush in it. Any advice?At Home French Manicure Using Acrylics?
I did try a kit from Sally's Beauty Salon at home a couple of times. I really was not as happy with my work as I was with the job at the nail salon. It also did not last as long. This is one thing that seems to be worth getting in a salon. Just my opinion.At Home French Manicure Using Acrylics?
are you talking about just the tips or the whole nail. cause you can buy fake nails at like walmart or a beaty store. They dont really stay on as long and sometimes it doesnt really turn out like you want to. I really think you should just wait and go to a nail place.
I think K.I.S.S. has an at home acrylic kit. It's not very hard to do if you follow the directions, and you get the hang of it after doing it a few more times. The downside is that these are fixed to your nails for an extended period of time, and they can trap mositure and bacteria. If you're blessed with nice natural nails, I envy you! They also hurt like crazy if you rip one off accidentally. The kits you found online are exactly what to expect if you want to do it yourself. The other alternative is buying the pre-made French manicured nails that you can glue on. These look very nice too. The trick to getting the nails to stay on longer is to dot the glue on your nail, and then apply the base of the fake one towards your cuticle and slowly lay it down. This minimizes any air bubbles from being trapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment